Wedding Countdown Ticker

Monday, December 7, 2009

Blogging Activity Thoughts

I thought that the blogging activity with the students was a really neat & great idea. It was impressive to see how well they were able to communicate with us & each other using technology, such as the internet & a blog. I have not been out of school that long, but it still surprises me how much technology has changed & become such a big part of the curriculum. I always had computer classes during school, but we mainly learned how to type & make little projects. We were never allowed to use the internet until we got to High School. But even then, it was very protected & only for research purposes. We were never given the opportunity to blog with another class of students our age or college students! I think if we had blogged, it would of been an enjoyable & good learning experience. My only slight concern would be to always make sure that comments & blog postings are read over by the teacher first, before they are allowed to be posted (like how our comments needed approval). I would probably use blogging with my future class. It is a way for the students to receive more input, opinions, & to learn even more.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you will use blogging in the future with your students! Providing them with an audience outside the classroom is a great way to motivate students to read and write

    ReplyDelete